|Apply in Person|
To open an individual/ joint account, please visit our office with the following documents:
1. Proof of identity ( e.g. HKID cards(s) or passport(s) )
2. Proof of residential address issued within the past three months ( e.g. utility statement, bank statement )
|Apply by Mail|
1. Download & Print Account Opening Form and Client Account Agreement in our website
2. Read carefully all the terms and conditions within the Client Account Agreement
3. Fill in and sign the Account Opening Form
4. Return the completed forms to our company together withe the following documents:
i) Proof of identity copy (e.g. HKID card(s) or passport(s) )
ii) Proof of residential address issued within the past three months copy(e.g. utility statement, bank statement )
iii) *Witnessing professional's sign on Account Opening Form OR **a cheque with amount not be less than 10000 HKD
5. Confirmation call will be made by Magusta's staff within a week
6. After the application is approved and the initial deposit is cleared, your new securities account will be established
7. Our Customer Service Department will send you the account number and passwords by mail or email.
Mainland residents: You should provide certified true copies of your ID and passport/ region travel pass.
Overseas residents: You should provide certified true copies of your passports and residential address proof.
*According to the Guidelines provided by SFC, witnessing (or verifying) professional should be a registered person, a Justice of Peace, or a professional person such as branch manager of a bank, certified public accountant, lawyer or notary public
**Your cheque should be issued by a Hong Kong licensed bank bearing your name identical to your identity documents and your signature identical to the signature shown on the Form
The sum of your cheque should not be less than *HK$10,000.00 made payable to
For Securities account: Magusta Securities Limited
Cheque will be credited to your trading account, which will be activated after clearing.
i) Board minutes approving opening of account;
ii) A certified copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association;
iii) A certified copy of Certificate of Incorporation;
iv) A certified copy of the latest 3 months for address proof of the Company's place of business in Hong Kong (e.g. bank statemetn or utility bill etc.);
v) HKID/ Passport copies with signatures for all director(s), shareholder(s) holding 10% or more of the voting rights/ share capital and authorized person(s)
vi) The latest 3 months for proof of residential address for all director(s), shareholder(s) holding 10% or more of the voting rights/ share capital and authorised person(s).
i) A certified copy of valid Business Registration Certificate;
ii) Details of Directors in Forms D1, D2 or D3, and latest Annual Return.
i) A certified true copy of a company search report certified by a company registry (or similar for company incorporated overseas) or professional third part (certified true copy of a certificate of incumbency), which the report should have been issued within the last 6 months;
ii) A certified copy of the Register of Directors;
iii) A certified copy of the Register of Members.
|Account Opening Checklist|
Account Opening Information Form must be accompanied by the following certified documents (all certified copies must be certified by a company secretary, a director, a lawyer, a certified public accountant or notary public, to be true copies):
Basic documents required
1) Board minutes approving account opening
2) Certificate of Incorporation
3) Memorandum and Articles of Association
4) Address proof (latest 3 months) of the Company's place of business in Hong Kong (e.g. bank statement or utility bill etc.)
5) HKID/Passport copies with signatures for all director(s) and authorized person(s)
For company incorporated in HK
1) Business Registration Certificate
2) Details of Directors in Forms D1, D2 or D3
3) Latest Annual Return
For Company incorporated in Oversea
1) Company search report / Certificate of incumbency (issued within the last 6 months)
2) Register of Directors
3) Register of Members
Asset Proof (for Professional Investor Only)
Definition: Portfolio of not less than HK$8 million or total assets of not less than HK$40 million or its equivalent in any foreign currency;
(Please provide either one of supporting document(s) listed below
1) The latest audited financial statements prepared within 16 months before the account opening date; OR
2) Custodian statements issued by registered institution or licensed corporation within 12 months before the account opening date.
Past investment experience (for Professional Investor Only)
1) Not less than 40 transactions in relevant product/market per year
2) Active investment experience in relevant product/market in at least 2 years